Mobile Casinos FAQ
Through Canada mobile casinos, punters currently have the ability to take their preferred mobile casino games with them, as they go about their day-to-day activities. They can relish in a broad range of free mobile gameplay options at any time and place. All these alternatives are created by specialists in mobile gambling software accessible in Canada. They have been adapted for smaller-sized screens, alongside processors of mobile gadgets, thereby resulting in seamless, top quality, and smooth gameplay.
The variation now is that bettors can partake in the thrill while on the move, hence making it convenient. As an added advantage, participants get more immersive encounters courtesy of the mobile gadgets’ touch-screens. Thus, this makes gaming while being out and about more captivating than continuously clicking a mouse. It also inserts a new element of interactivity which was previously absent.
With that in mind, in this review, you will discover the unbeatable mobile casino apps in Canada, and more!
What Is Mobile Gambling?
Simply put, mobile gambling is a series of apps that offer you all the casino games. Let us elaborate:
- All mobile devices have apps nowadays, as you already know. Some of these apps are for casino games.
- There are literally hundreds of mobile phone casino apps that offer you the games for free or real money gameplay.
- You can download any of these apps and start to gamble on your smartphone or tablet.
So, you need apps to benefit from gambling on the go. However, this is not the only way: Almost every online casino website out there has a mobile version. This means even if that casino does not offer an app, you can still use this version and play games on your device. In other words, mobile gambling is playing casino games on your phone or tablet PC or any kind of portable device.
How Does Mobile Gambling Work?
There are two kinds of online casino mobile apps:
- The ones that offer free gameplay (all games are in demo mode, real money gameplay is not possible)
- The ones that let you access the casino site (real money casino apps)
Both are available on the official stores of popular operating systems: App Store for iOS, and Play Store for Android. These are developed like any other app: They allow you to access your account and games available on the site via the application.
However, the mobile versions of gambling sites work a little differently. To use these, you do not need to install any application. Visiting the site will be enough – you will use your browser to play games and access other features. This is possible thanks to a technology called HTML5. It allows you to get the same features (and performance) on different platforms. Simply put, you are still using the payment, membership and games infrastructure of the casino, you just access these features via the touchscreen.
Is Mobile Gambling Legal in Canada?
It’s both “yes” and “no”. Let’s clear it up. On the local scale, gambling is considered illegal in Canada, whether you want to place a few bets in a brick and mortar casino, online or play the games through the mobile casino Canada. But recently, more and more Canadian provinces have been committing to online gambling, offering bingo, lottery and sports betting to Canadian players (but so far no other casino games are legally available). So every resident of a particular province can gamble online within their jurisdiction (outside bettors are not allowed to play on provincial sites).
However, if you reside in Canada, you still have lots of options because wagering through any offshore casinos is not prohibited.
- The prohibition on gambling only applies to Canada. This means gambling is illegal as long as it is offered within the borders of the country (apart from the Kahnawake area in Quebec). As a player, you can still use online casino services that operate outside of Canada. The gambling ban applies to operators only, not to Canadian citizens.
- In the region called “Kahnawake,” just outside Montreal, many land-based casinos can be found. As the Indian tribes (First Nation) are autonomous, the laws of Canada do not apply to them. You can visit these casinos to play games or use their applications/websites freely. Moreover, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is one of the largest online gambling hosts in the world.
- Since application stores are bound with the local laws, you won’t see mobile casino for real money apps on the official stores, but you can use mobile versions of casino websites with ease.
What Is the Difference Between a Mobile and Desktop Casino?
In terms of features, there are almost no differences. You can access your account, make a deposit, request a withdrawal, play games, and even reach to customer support via your smartphone, just like in the desktop casinos. However, in terms of gameplay and numbers, there are two main differences:
- You don’t use a mouse and a keyboard. As can be expected, the only “control device” you need is your fingers. Mobile casinos have special designs that will help you to navigate the site easily. Some games, in addition, offer unique interfaces that can be easily used with fingers too. So, both the website and games are optimized for touch controls.
- The game collection is somehow limited. Desktop casinos offer more games, in general. This is because casino games developed before 2010 do not work on all operating systems seamlessly. If you have an iOS-based device, for example, you won’t be able to play Flash-based games. This only applies to “old” games by the way – new games are always compatible with all types of mobile devices.
What Devices Can You Use to Play in Mobile Casinos?
In general, there are two main operating systems in the world: Android and iOS (iPhone). Windows Phone is not developed anymore, and Blackberry switched to Android. So, your options will be using one of these devices.
iOS devices use the same hardware. No matter which iPhone you purchase, you can access all sites on the internet.
Android devices, on the other hand, use different types of hardware. There are “powerful” Android phones as well as “weak” ones. Mobile casinos do not require much hardware power, so in theory, you should be good no matter how cheap your Android phone is. However, the graphics quality of games is increasing day by day, so it may be a good idea to invest one a “powerful” Android phone. To sum it up:
- At the moment, as long as you have a smartphone, no matter its brand, price or operating system, you can gamble online.
- All iPhones are good for mobile casinos.
- All Android devices are also good for gaming, but we recommend investing in mid-range devices (between 500 and 700 USD) for the future.
What Games Can I Play in Online Mobile Casinos?
An online casino mobile version is no different than a desktop casino. So, as a general rule, all games you see in a desktop online casino are available on mobile casinos too. As can be expected, the majority of games you will be able to play are slot machines. However, you can also play card and table games such as poker, blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. If a game is offered in a land-based or online casino, you can be sure that it is also available in mobile casinos.
You can even find and play live dealer games. As you know, these are actually live broadcasts you can join from anywhere in the world. By using your cell phone, you can connect to any of these live dealer games too. Your options are limitless: There are even VR (virtual reality) gambling apps that are developed specifically for mobile devices.
Are There Any Real Money Mobile Casinos in the Apple App Store or Google Play?
Yes, but you may not be able to see them. Both application stores offer real money gambling apps, but this content is only shown to those who live in a country where gambling is legal. So, if you live in a country where gambling is considered illegal, like Canada, you won’t be able to see these apps. The only options available to you will be “demo” apps, where real money cannot be used. Some examples of the real money casino apps can be seen in the table below:
|B-spot||iOS||Game Play Network, Inc.|
|William Hill Casino||Android||William Hill|
|Sky Vegas Slots||Android||Sky Betting|
|SpinToWin Slots||iOS||Fuzzy Button Games|
If you own an Android device, we have good news: It is possible to install external applications (called .apk files) to these devices. So, even if you cannot see a real money gambling app on the Play Store, visit the website of your favorite casino which may be already offering an application which can be installed to your device without using the Play Store. Download the .apk file manually, install it to your device, and you are done.
I Have Been Looking for Mobile Casino Games, Where Should I Address?
We recommend starting by checking your favorite casino site. A casino on mobile service may already be available to you – as explained above, the majority of the online casinos offer mobile games and apps too. Instead of searching blindly and wasting time, start with a site you are already a member of.
However, if for some reason you are not able to do that, you can check out the application store rankings. Pick up the highest rated apps and give them a go. The thing you need to know is that each of these applications contains more than one game. In fact, it is possible to find more than 15+ games in every application. So even by downloading one, you get access to a lot of games. Downloading 10 apps will give you a quite big game collection.
Of course, you can also visit review sites. These sites regularly test all of the casino applications and rate them one by one. Before downloading an app, make sure that you read its review. Finding the best apps will take time, but it will be worth the effort. There is a game for every kind of player out there, you can be sure of it.
How Convenient Are Mobile Casino Games?
The answer to this question will change according to your needs and expectations, but we can say that they are pretty convenient. If you are new to gambling, mobile games will be a very good choice. Due to their special interfaces, there are fewer buttons to press. In other words, you understand easily what you need to do. If you are a veteran, they are still convenient because you are still playing the same game.
The rules, winning chances, and even the RTP rates are the same. In other words, the package may be different, but it is still the same product. And you get additional advantages such as:
- Playing anytime and anywhere
- Special bonus offers to mobile players
- No need for a powerful PC; even a cheap phone is enough to play.
So, yes, mobile casino games are quite convenient, no matter what your preferences are. We can say that the only problem you are going to experience will be the screen sizes. If your device has a small screen, and you have “fat” fingers, touching the right spots may be a problem. Well, you can solve this problem by purchasing a device with a 5.5 screen or switching to a tablet PC.
Can You Access a Mobile Casino Through Your Computer?
Yes. As we explained above, using an app is not mandatory to access mobile casino services. All online casino sites have a mobile version nowadays, and you can switch to that version even from a desktop device. The process is simple enough: Either click on the “mobile version” link or put an “m” to the web address of the casino. So, technically, you can access such a casino through your PC.
However, note that this won’t be an ideal experience. Mobile casino sites use special designs and interfaces that are suited to small screens. Viewing a mobile site on your cell phone and on your desktop are very different things. On a PC, the whole website will look different and non-practical at all: Very big buttons, weird fonts, navigation problems… If you are planning to use the mobile version of an online casino instead of an app, you should stick with your mobile device. Otherwise, you may regret that experience.
Here is a little tip though: If the desktop version of an online casino site does not load for some reason, you can always try switching to the mobile version. This is true especially if you are on a limited-speed internet connection. Due to fewer visuals, mobile sites load much faster.
Where Can I Find Mobile Casino Bonuses of Canadian Casinos?
You should start with checking Canadian online casinos. The thing is, there is no online casino that offers only a mobile version. Currently, all Canadian casinos have two different versions: desktop and mobile. So, if you like the desktop version of a particular casino, you should try its mobile version
Doing this will allow you to get the bonuses too. In other words, searching only for mobile casino bonuses won’t be that ideal. You should just search for casino bonuses, pick one and use the mobile version of that site. You can use our website to check for these bonuses, as always.
That being said, note that some of the online casinos offer mobile-exclusive bonuses too. This means only smartphone/tablet users get to use these promotions. Sometimes, it is even possible to benefit both from mobile and desktop bonuses. We recommend checking for this kind of offers first. In addition, mobile users get more offers from the casino as a general rule, such as extra free spin bonuses.
Can I Win Money Playing in Mobile Online Casino?
Of course. That’s the whole goal of them, after all. You can make a payment and withdraw your winnings from mobile casinos too. However, you should take note of a couple of things:
- If you are living in a country where gambling is restricted, you won’t be able to access real money mobile casino apps. All applications you will find at the official stores will be “demo modes”, that do not accept real money transfers.
- To solve this problem, you should visit the gambling sites and check if they offer independent applications, which can be installed without the official store. As explained above, this is possible for Android users. (iOS users, we are sorry.)
As long as you are using a real money casino application, you will be able to earn real money too. There is no difference in this regard when compared with desktop casinos. You make a deposit first and play games with your balance. If you score a winning, you can withdraw it easily. See below for more information on mobile casino withdrawal operations.
Are Online Mobile Casinos Safe to Play?
Oh yes. In fact, they are safer than desktop casinos. This is due to various reasons, but the most important one is that your PC is more vulnerable to security attacks than your mobile devices. Even just by visiting a site, your PC may get infected by malware. In such a case, your personal and financial information will be at risk. Someone can steal your credentials and use your casino balance freely, for example.
Mobile devices, on the other hand, are safe ones. Their browsers and operating system can isolate running processes easily. This is called a “sandbox” – for example, even if your browser gets infected, it cannot spread to the other parts of the operating system. The result is much safer browsing and gaming experience than the desktop PCs.
The only thing you need to look out is the “fake apps”, especially if you are installing a manual .apk file, as explained above. This kind of apps are not checked by the official store, so they all contain a potential security risk. It is easy to imitate an official app, and that app may steal your information. So, make sure to double check if you are installing the right one, always.
How to Withdraw Money from a Mobile Casino?
This process is actually quite easy but different at each gambling site. We have no way of knowing which casino app/site you are using, so we cannot give you a complete guide, but here are some pointers:
- Open your personal account page. All payment information would be on that page, no matter which site or app you are using.
- Check for a link such as “withdrawal”, “cashout”, or “withdraw”
- Click on it. You will be asked to pick a payment method first (such as credit card, bank account, etc.)
- After picking a method, you will need to specify the amount you want to withdraw.
- Pressing the “submit” button will complete the process. Your payment will arrive in a couple of hours or days – depends on the policies of the gambling operator.
Here is a tip that will be useful: Complete the ID verification process right after joining a casino. Otherwise, you must do it before making a withdrawal, and that verification may last a couple of days. By completing it as soon as possible, you can save time in the future.
How to Pick the Best Mobile Casino to Play?
This question is not easy to answer. Generally, rules of picking best online casinos apply to mobile ones too. So, you should look for reputation, license, customer service, and game collection. Each of these is very important and must be above a certain level of quality. For mobile casinos, you should also check the following things:
- Mobile Exclusive Bonuses. If the casino offers an exclusive bonus available only to mobile users, this is a big plus. This should be the first thing to check.
- Mobile Friendly Games. As explained above, some games offer a special interface that is easy to control with “fingers”. If the casino offers more games like this, you will get a much more enjoyable experience.
Of course, you can also check out our recommendations and reviews to find the best mobile casino to play, as always.
Mobile gambling is fun, as long as you know what you are doing. We gave you a lot of pointers in this guide, and we are confident that you will get a much more profitable experience now. Mobile devices represent the future of the online gambling industry, and you should start using them right now.